The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) will be part of a team of talented software developers at Reflexion. This group in involved in developing mission critical software in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The SSE will be the liaison to support the daily operation of the RefleXion systems both internally and externally. The SSE will be a strong technical team member with a deep grounding in sound medical software development practices.
- The SSE should have good leadership and collaboration skills to work with a multi-disciplinary team of application software developers, embedded software developers, algorithms developers, systems and reliability engineers, product managers and service engineers to support development and troubleshooting of the software for the RefleXion System.
- The SSE should be familiar with requirements analysis, use-case analysis, risk analysis, system timing and latency analysis and management, system configuration, data flow, data management and hardware interface design.
- The SSE should be fully conversant with standard software development practices and lifecycles and should be familiar with product development processes in the medical device environment including software design, coding, testing, software quality control and release management.
- The SSE is responsible for interfacing with service and operations team in analyzing, debugging and diagnosing systems problems, developing solutions to the problems, documenting workflows and instructions for preventative measures, assisting in system stability improvements.
- The SSE will assist in development of system features – systems analysis, use-case analysis, risk analysis, system performance, prototyping and simulation, feature development, unit and component test case development, testing and integration, documentation, build management.
- The SSE will be an independent worker who can learn the system to fix complex issues, lead the support and troubleshooting of software while interacting with multiple engineering teams.
- The SSE will develop software tools required for efficient support of the RefleXion System
- The SSE will lead the support and troubleshooting of the application software using the RefleXion System.
- The SSE will support required testing and documentation for product release and regulatory submissions.
- The SSE will participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS in CS, EE, Physics or Mathematics.
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded software development on an industry standard RTOS – QNX/Linux preferred.
- Proficient in C++11, STL, object-oriented analysis and design, multi-threading.
- Experience in scripting languages – Matlab, Python, Perl, bash.
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting problems at the intersection of software, firmware, and hardware.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in a customer support role or multi-disciplinary engineering support role.
- Preferred: Understanding of medical device design control concepts and robust software engineering practices related to the medical device industry.
- Preferred: Software development experience governed by regulatory agency processes such as FDA and CE.
- Physical Requirements: Must have correctable vision that allows for working at a computer desk
- Travel requirements: occasional travel to client site within USA.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site