The DevOps Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering team and contribute to the goal of developing a product that can be deployed in a controlled and automated form while being a safe and effective product in operation.
The primary duties of this position will include development and maintenance of product operating system platforms and tools, and an effective build, release and deployment process that meets the needs of multiple projects and deployment platforms. The position will also build and support the various software tools that empower a best-in-class software engineering organization. The DevOps Engineer will help us improve our build infrastructure and processes, identify and fine-tune our DevOps tool chain, improve our deployment methodology, and other tasks to improve effectiveness and efficiency across the software engineering organization. This position will be a bridge between product development and its operational concerns and will also play a key role in transitioning the software release to the NPI organization.
Besides a strong interest and expertise in tools and infrastructure and the dedication to producing automation solutions for continuous integration, this position requires good familiarity with web technology, information management, and software engineering concepts. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Source control management in Git and working with tools AWS, JIRA, JFROG and Jenkins. Sync data across all these tools using REST API
- Build and maintain custom Linux operating systems
- Development and enhance current build infrastructure, deployment and DevOps processes.
- Oversee and actively participate in the automation of software build and deployments
- Development of the software installation tools, processes and packages
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to data processing, data gathering, deployments and performance testing
- Collaborate continuously with other team members to ensure consistent processes across all development teams
- Support all required tool validation processes and CO activities related to releases.
- Execute static and dynamic code analysis tools for C++, typescript language and help team to fix the same.
- Hands on experience in Software engineering, DevOps.
- 3-5 years working in a Linux/Ubuntu environment, administration and docker containers.
- Strong in programing and scripting Python, Groovy, Bash/Shell.
- Must know how to build and publish npm modules. Should have experience in solving security vulnerabilities.
- Hands on with REST api.
- Should have experience in creating iso’s releasing Linux patches to fields.
- Expert working on CI, CD pipelines.
- Hands on with AWS cloud platform.
- Solid understanding of build and release process,
- Experience with CMake, Make and C++ build environment
- Experience setting up and executing static and dynamic code analysis tools. Experience with Polyspace is a plus.
- Must know how to use git commands and working experience as git administrator is a plus.
- Experience with MongoDB, Ansible is a plus
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Independently drive all the activities with minimal guidance and drive end to end to completion and take ownership of failures and address the failure at root.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site