The Algorithms Engineer works with a fast-paced team of algorithm developers in Software Engineering on challenging treatment plan optimization, delivery workflow automation and treatment time reduction algorithms. The candidate work on tasks from the product prototyping to the final product release, and is expected to know or learn the medical device quality system and design control regulations, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls.
- Design and implement algorithms for image processing problems such as image registration and image segmentation, automatic organ contouring on multimodality images, such as CT or PET/CT, and PET/MRI images for our treatment planning and delivery system. This includes developing own modules or selecting third party tools and integrating them into the treatment planning and delivery system.
- Design and develop clinical workflow optimization through automation algorithms
- Develop a software system that allows end users to plug-in their own algorithms for research purposes
- Support the senior algorithm engineers with new technology prototyping to product development and final product release
- Conduct performance analysis and software testing, including system simulation and data, image and system analysis
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely-related field
- Strong background in advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, image registration, and image segmentation
- 3+ years of experience developing algorithms for computer vision/image processing problems such as image registration, image denoising, motion tracking, image registration and image segmentation
- Strong software design skills and programing expertise using C++, Matlab and/or Python
- Experience in image visualization tools and image manipulation techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site