The Staff Technical Program Manager is responsible for providing cross-functional management and leadership for R&D / Engineering programs and projects in support of new product development, transfer to manufacturing, and sustaining development. The successful candidate will be a strong lateral influencer and motivator, enabling close collaboration with project leaders and individual contributors throughout the organization. Additionally, the Staff Technical Program Manager will collaborate with the Director of Program Management to create, instill, maintain, and constantly improve a common language of program/project management expectations and behaviors across all RefleXion development activities. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in systems engineering, system integration, and/or hands-on system problem solving, technical depth in an engineering or scientific discipline, and very effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Plan the overall program and organize, drive, and monitor progress to ensure that milestones are being met across the various projects and cross-functional domains.
- Assist project leaders in the planning and management of projects by ensuring all program requirements and deliverables are identified, integrated, tracked, and successfully managed from initiation through implementation, verification, and transfer.
- Develop and cultivate cross-departmental relationships. Collaborate with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross-functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Actively manage / coordinate end-to-end execution of assigned programs, ensuring their adherence to agreed business objectives, project plan, schedule, and quality.
- Actively manage the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies, and mitigations to achieve commercialization objectives.
- Actively manage the risks and issues that might and do arise over the course of the program life cycle and take measures to address them to ensure timely delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings, including the preparation of meeting agendas, effective meeting management, and documenting meeting minutes with action items.
- Develop and maintain project artifacts (project plans, schedule, Design History File, etc.)
- Help define and maintain standard methods for project definition, risk assessment and mitigation, budgeting, resourcing, and planning as well as standard methods for measurement and tracking of project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater (preferred) in a technical or scientific discipline.
- 10+ years demonstrated competency in project/program management of complex, multi-disciplinary, software-controlled systems, with coordination of multiple concurrent subsystem development activities.
- 5+ years of experience with medical device design control in a functional management role; comfortable with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, verification and validation, and risk analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, from initial conceptualization through transfer to manufacturing.
- Broad knowledge of project and program management methodologies; professional training or certification in project management preferred.
- Skilled in facilitating project planning, decision-making, meeting management, project tracking, and cross-functional communication.
- Skilled at making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development.
- Skilled in critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Skilled in developing collaborative relationships, with the ability to foster open communication with within and across project teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- A passion, drive, and endurance for creating robust and reliable products and demonstrated ability to inspire, lead, and motivate teams to do likewise.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site