The Hardware Technical Support Engineer will provide first level phone response to customers and field service engineers in support of the clinical use of RefleXion’s revolutionary medical equipment. This role will utilize technical knowledge about the hardware and software applications to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues or escalate/dispatch to the appropriate resources. As the front-line response to customers, this position requires the highest level of professional representation and commitment to customer success.
- Provide direct customer support for RefleXion’s custom system hardware used in a clinical treatment setting.
- Provide exceptional response to customer issues by ensuring prompt resolution or follow up actions immediately from the initial customer phone call.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and knowledge management system to troubleshoot and resolve reported hardware and software issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem and then talk them through a series of actions until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Follow standard procedures for escalating to next level technical support or dispatching field service resources as appropriate.
- Provide remote support to Field Service Engineers during installations, maintenance, or repair activities.
- Ensure all service calls and activities are documented and transacted appropriately in RefleXion’s customer relationship management (CRM) application (Salesforce).
- Monitor the installed base system performance and direct proactive service as required to prevent system downtime.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of effective and efficient support service activities.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service-related product improvements.
- Travel to customer sites to assist local FSEs for complex issue escalations/resolution.
- Work with Engineering to adapt relevant manufacturing rework instructions for use in the field (write Technical Service Bulletins).
- Develop and deliver training materials and programs for other TSEs and FSEs.
- Document experiences for use in RefleXions Knowledgebase system.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical, electrical or a related subject.
- 5+ years of technical support or field service experience with similar equipment, medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners) preferred.
- Experience with reading and interpreting complex schematics for use in troubleshooting.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and customer support skills.
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices that use highly sophisticated software.
- Experience with use of data analytics for predictive maintenance and error detection, and the use of system log files for diagnosis and performance analysis.
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce Field Service Lightning.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism, and resolution of issues.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (as needed).
- Willing and able to be available by cell phone evenings and weekends if needed.
- Must be based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment.
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start.
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance.
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items.
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials, and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site.