The Principal System Physicist will be part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy use experts. This team will work with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion’s unique Biology Guided Radiation therapy product. The successful candidate will need a strong background in computational radiation physics, radiation therapy, diagnostic imaging, commissioning radiation therapy systems, and clinical workflow.
Principal System Physicist shall have a deep understanding of the state of the art in several of the underlying theory and technologies that constitute the Reflexion BgRT system such as particle physics, Monte Carlo modeling, dynamic system behavior, PET/CT imaging, radiation beam generation, collimation systems, treatment planning systems, dose calculation and optimization method.
Principal System Physicist will lead projects resolving issues crossing multidisciplinary boundaries, frequently solving problems that have never been solved before, and will participate in early prototyping of many of the solutions as part of these projects and standardizing the process for scalability.
- Lead projects to develop and/or refine beam modeling and commissioning procedures for Reflexion’s Biology-guided Radiation Therapy platform and Treatment Planning System.
- Work with a team of radiation physicists, software and algorithm engineers to define the measurement and analysis methodologies for radiation beam characteristics, performance metrics, and evaluate the procedures at the factory and utilize them in commissioning on-site installations.
- Drive projects to standardize the beam modeling and commissioning procedures and transfer knowledge to others in R&D and Operations to scale with the business, as Reflexion’s platform and Treatment Planning software evolve in functionality and capabilities.
- Provide guidance to the product development teams to ensure that RefleXion’s products meet their clinical performance goals.
- Collaborate with clinical partners and KOL’s in the industry to develop protocols and criteria for acceptance and clinical utilization of Reflexion systems
- Publish system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners.
- Develop protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the product.
- Support Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Collaborate with other organizations within the company as needed i.e., regulatory, product education. training, sales and marketing
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions
- Perform other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s of Science or PhD degree in Physics or Engineering and relevant clinical/research work experience.
- Strong background in computational radiation physics, radiation therapy, diagnostic imaging, radiation therapy systems, and clinical workflow.
- Demonstrated understanding of the state of the art in several of the underlying theory and technologies that constitute the Reflexion BgRT system: particle physics, Monte Carlo modeling, dynamic system behavior, PET/CT imaging, radiation beam generation, collimation systems, treatment planning systems, dose calculation and optimization method.
- Experience in commissioning state-of-the-art radiation therapy systems for clinical use, and demonstrated ability to meet performance requirements for clinical use.
- Clinical experience in radiation therapy or radiosurgery in a cancer center with strong research focus, and a track record of introduction of novel radiation therapy technologies is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success working as part of a cross-functional product development team and lead cross-functional projects to move successful products from concept through launch.
- Hands-on experience with QA methodologies, commercially available tools, devices, and software for radiation therapy and medical imaging.
- Familiarity with current medical physics guidance reports including AAPM, ICRU, IAEA
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Use of Microsoft office tools for documentation and data analysis
- Ability to program in Matlab or equivalent language for simulation and data analysis is highly desirable
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with design control process & deliverables is highly desirable
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site