The Associate Electrical Engineer is a broad role in working with design, development and testing of electrical systems including circuit boards, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and networking components. The Associate Electrical Engineer at RefleXion will conduct simulations and verifications of FPGA IP blocks at the direction of senior engineers on the Electrical Systems team. This role may also be tasked to design simple FPGA IP blocks under the supervision of senior engineers on the Electrical Systems team.
- Brainstorm and analyze potential innovations in performance, architecture, and timing reliability of FPGA IP blocks
- Assist in designing and functional simulations of IP blocks in VHDL (Very High-Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language) and (System)Verilog
- Perform FPGA Synthesis, Place & Routing and timing optimizations.
- Perform bring-up, debug, and validation of FPGA and PCBA designs to achieve functional and performance goals.
- Work closely with board design engineers on Input/Output pin assignments, power-up sequences, and FPGA-versus-Board functional optimization.
- Assist in creating thorough technical documentation, completing test protocols, conduct FPGA verification and generating test reports to support a 510(k) submission and FDA clearance.
- Support and assist in the development of efficient and high-quality FPGA build processes.
- Design and develop circuits and circuit boards under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Collaborate with (Embedded) Software Engineers to design the drivers and algorithms for the FPGA logic.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals with demonstrated knowledge or experience in areas such as digital logic designs and analog/digital interfaces.
- Course work or project work experience in SerDes or in high-speed FPGA designs using Xilinx Vivado tools
- Course work or project work experience with at least one or more programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Python, Tcl, etc.)
- Strong ability to isolate and debug hardware problems to the component level with demonstrated hands-on experience with test equipment such as logic analyzer, oscilloscope, DVM and Ohmmeter.
- Excellent communication (written, oral), presentation and documentation skills.
- Dedication and determination to get through challenging problems.
- Lab expertise with electrical test equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and digital multi-meters
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site