The Senior Corporate Attorney is responsible for the front line management of the corporate legal function. This attorney will manage corporate reporting, governance, development, and the Finance partnership. As part of a small legal team, this attorney must have the ability and willingness to work efficiently and independently on all legal matters, from daily tasks to C level deliverables. The ideal candidate will have a desire to contribute and support a broad range of corporate legal and compliance matters, including governance, securities, compliance, financing, and SEC reporting.
- Lead support and reporting for the Corporate Legal function.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Finance on regulatory reporting, global tax strategy, audit, IPO readiness, and SEC reporting.
- Manage domestic and international entity formation.
- Manage the capitalization table and support equity and debt financing, and secondary transactions, including producing and reviewing due diligence materials and disclosure schedules.
- Manage corporate governance and supporting investor relations (updating governance docs, supporting the implementation of controls, board meeting preparation, and drafting Board resolutions).
- Support the Company’s corporate development efforts, including M&A.
- Bachelor’s Degree in legal studies or related discipline
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree with a valid license to practice law from the State Bar Association
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate law in a law firm or technology company (experience in a life sciences company is a plus)
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel.
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach to lawyering that draws on your experience and your intuition coupled with validation of assumptions and the law.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work across various modes of communication; strong sense of purpose; enjoy working cross-functionally with colleagues in a low-politic environment.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment.
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start.
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance.
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items.
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials, and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site