Reporting to and working alongside the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager, the Financial Analyst supports company-wide financial planning efforts and the execution of the financial forecast through reporting and analyzing actual results. This role assists in departmental projects, such as selection and implementation of new processes, procedures and software systems. This role also supports responsibilities related to insurance planning, headcount planning and financial modelling.
- Supports the company-wide annual budget and periodic forecast exercises by working closely with budget holders and collecting and summarizing data
- Reports and evaluates performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with the financial forecast on a department and consolidated level
- Assists in the preparation of Board presentations and budget-to-actual presentations on a quarterly basis
- Aids in the selection and implementation of new software systems and optimizes the use of the system over time
- Supports the company’s annual insurance renewal, quarterly workers compensation reviews and annual workers compensation audit
- Track and report on hiring progress to plan by working closely with the recruiting team and updating the hiring forecast as needed
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Perform ad hoc projects, such as building or updating internal financial models
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Understanding of general finance and accounting principles and the ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Open-minded to evolving finance processes and changing job duties
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with fluency in formulas and functions
- Attentive to detail and passionate about continuous improvement
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a sense of urgency and the ability to work alone and as part of a team
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site