The Buyer/Planner is responsible for the sourcing of materials and services to support cross functional departments, manufacturing and service of complex electromechanical capital equipment operations. This role requires a high degree of interaction with R&D, Manufacturing, QA, Finance and suppliers to help launch new products in a dynamic and evolving startup environment.
Work closely with R&D and product development team(s) to procure materials in support of aggressive product introduction schedule for complex (1,500 + part numbers) electromechanical system.
- Collaborate with suppliers regarding quoting, logistics, and expediting parts.
- Place, expedite, and record purchase orders to achieve on-time delivery.
- Assist in identifying and qualifying new suppliers in collaboration with Supply Chain Management, Quality and Engineering personnel.
- Perform non-product purchasing in support of general business operations.
- Responsible for loading forecast, running Material Requirements Planning (MRP), analyzing MRP system data to ensure timely material planning.
- Ensure accurate and timely records of materials received, moved, produced, stored and shipped into and out of the facility. Reconcile with Accounting as required.
- Work with QA and Manufacturing to resolve non-conformance reports (NCR) and implement change orders (CO). Manage inventory disposition, responsible for RMA (Return Material Authorization), rework material, and associated paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education – High School Graduate
- BOM maintenance experience with Arena or similar Product Lifecycle Management system
- Experience at utilizing Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
- Supplier relationship management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills for managing external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner; strong problem-solving skills
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 13485 compliance experience preferred
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site