The (Senior) Director of External Innovation will focus on value creation through external innovation and lead external innovation projects throughout the entire life cycle (identification; technical, business and financial diligence; terms and agreement negotiations; alliance management and/or integration). The successful candidate will “own” and largely focus on external innovation projects in the bio- and radio-pharmaceutical arena but is also expected to participate in other external innovation projects (including biomarkers and digital health) and in strategy refinement. With external innovation being critical to RefleXion’s continued success in developing and commercializing a novel cancer treatment modality, the successful candidate will be an entrepreneurially minded generalist with the ability to deploy deep scientific expertise while keeping the overall strategic and business considerations in sight. Value creation through external innovation is at the core of this role. The successful candidate will be an integral member of RefleXion’s Corporate & Business Development team, reporting to the Chief Business Officer.
- Conceptualizes, evaluates, executes and manages external innovation projects in the diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals space, including licensing, partnerships with companies and academic centers, strategic initiatives/alliances, acquisitions, and/or joint ventures. Over time, expands project scope to include biopharmaceuticals (foremost immune checkpoint inhibitors and targeted therapeutics).
- Focuses on value creation through external innovation, with transactions being only one step in the value chain.
- Participates to refine vision, strategies, and tactics within the external innovation ecosystem of the company.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies partner needs in core project areas.
- Collaborate with other functions within the company, including R&D, Product Engineering, Clinical and Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Finance and Sales.
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Perform other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals.
- An advanced degree in life sciences, medicine or related disciple is required.
- 6 + years’ of demonstrated, progressive experience in external innovation and/or business/corporate development in the healthcare industry, or an equivalent combination of scientific and business experience is required. Hands-on scientific and/or business experience in oncology is required.
- Significant exposure to diagnostic and/or therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals is strongly preferred.
- Track record of executing a variety of partnering/licensing/collaboration transactions, as documented by a deal sheet, is strongly preferred.
- Experience in radiation oncology and/or (radio-)pharmaceutical R&D is strongly preferred.
- Excellent project planning and management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, internationally and domestic.
- A passion for improving treatment of cancer.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site