The Staff Software Engineer works as part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. RefleXion utilizes a multi-modality PET and CT system for biology-guided radiotherapy. The Staff Software Engineer leads design and architecture for the RefleXion suite of applications and platform. The Staff Software Engineer works closely with stakeholders to define product requirements and product expectations.
The Staff Software Engineer works with a multi-disciplinary team of application and embedded software developers, product owners, and service engineers to define the system architecture for the RefleXion System. They are responsible for defining the application architecture roadmap which includes the database, Cybersecurity implementation and network communication interface with the embedded software subsystems.
- Architectural lead within the RefleXion software application development team
- Develop tools required for efficient support of the RefleXion System
- Lead the technical design and implementation of RefleXion’s suite of applications, utilizing modern web development technologies
- Lead architecture, design, and code reviews
- Define complete solutions required for testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 10+ years of developing commercial software products
- Expert in TypeScript and modern ECMAScript editions, including Nodejs
- Expert in Angular 4 or later
- Expert knowledge of document driven NoSQL databases, e.g., MongoDB or CouchDB
- Expert knowledge in Cybersecurity of web applications
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, e.g. GitHub
- Knowledge of Ubuntu operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of full-stack web development
- Independent worker who can design simple solutions for complex issues
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site