The Product Development Technician performs the assembly of a complex electromechanical, radiation therapy medical device and its subassemblies as part of product development. This is a very versatile role that requires demonstrated competence in a range of technical areas such as delicate electrical interconnects, heavy mechanical component assembly, precise alignments, and familiarity with executing software scripts. Competence in executing specified testing and a high degree of attention to detail and overall assembly quality are required.
- Align, fit, or assemble components, using hand or power tools, fixtures, and other assembly aids.
- Perform cable assembly and routing.
- Verify part dimensions or other criteria to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Verify correct components and traceability issued to job.
- Maintain accurate component traceability and associated build documentation.
- Perform routine subsystem and system-level testing. Identify and troubleshoot failures as needed.
- Perform repairs and upgrades to system as required.
- Collaborate with engineers to establish the assembly and test processes and provide feedback for design and process improvements.
- Follow all quality, safety, and housekeeping practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a technician in a relevant Research & Development or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent.
- Experience assembling and troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems and related software.
- Cable assembly and routing experience.
- Proficient with basic hand tools and inspection equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic circuit and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to follow detailed process instructions and document component traceability.
- Strong attention to documentation details and assembly quality.
- Motivated, proactive self-starter.
- Must be strong team player with good communication skills.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site