Senior Systems Engineer for system level design, test and transfer to production of the RefleXion X1 radiotherapy system. Systems Engineers are members of a talented, multidisciplinary Engineering team that is on a mission to transform cancer treatment. RefleXion provides an extraordinary opportunity to lead the system level design of a novel radiotherapy product, working across technical disciplines while solving challenging engineering problems.
- Responsible for systems engineering for a state-of-the-art radiotherapy machine, including creation of system level specifications, system level design verification test plans, system level troubleshooting and root cause analysis, and system testing
- Primary role is to bring a system level perspective to product development, that translates customer requirements to system level specifications that are measurable and testable
- Responsibilities may extend to reliability and sustaining engineering, manufacturing engineering in transfer to production, as well as issues escalated from installation and field service
- Maintain physical configuration reports on prototype systems, and plan maintenance and upgrade paths for those systems
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, training, and instruction as needed to the rest of the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Physics or an Engineering Discipline, and ten years of direct experience with complex, multidisciplinary systems.
- M.S. Physics or an Engineering Discipline, with five years of direct experience with complex, multidisciplinary systems.
- Hands-on experience with capital equipment consisting of complex electromechanical subsystems and embedded software.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting requirements of a Quality Management System and risk-based analysis.
- Experience in technical supervision of, or performance of assembly, test and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Experience with data driven engineering methodology such as FMEA, reliability testing, and DOE.
- Experience in process development and documentation.
- Experience with project management of technical root cause investigations and design verification activities.
- Prior experience with radiotherapy or x-ray imaging systems highly desired.
- Experience in high voltage systems, microwave systems, motion control, medical imaging, x-ray systems, embedded networked communication, thermal modeling and test desired
- Ability to create simple scripts to provide automated machine operation for testing purposes desired
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across supported organizations
- Excellent communication (written, oral), presentation and documentation skills
- Dedication and determination to get through challenging problems
- A passion for creating robust and reliable product
- Occasional travel to suppliers and customers