The Technical Support Engineer will provide first level phone response to customers and field service engineers in support of the clinical use of RefleXion’s revolutionary medical equipment. This role will utilize technical knowledge about the software applications and hardware to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues or escalate/dispatch to the appropriate resources. As the front-line response to customers, this position requires the highest level of professional representation and commitment to customer success.
- Provide direct customer support for RefleXion’s custom software applications and integrated system used in a clinical treatment setting.
- Provide exceptional response to customer issues by ensuring prompt resolution or follow up actions immediately from the initial customer phone call.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and knowledge management system to troubleshoot and resolve reported software and hardware issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem and then talk them through a series of actions until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Follow standard procedures for escalating to next level technical support or dispatching field service resources as appropriate.
- Provide remote support to Field Service Engineers during installations, maintenance or repair activities.
- Perform remote software installations, updates and upgrades as required.
- Ensure all service calls and activities are documented and transacted appropriately in RefleXion’s customer relationship management (CRM) application.
- Monitor the installed base system performance and direct proactive service as required to prevent system downtime.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of effective and efficient support service activities.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service-related product improvements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years of technical support experience with similar equipment, medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners) preferred.
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices that use highly sophisticated software.
- Strong computer and software skills, including the ability to configure and troubleshoot on UNIX flavored operating systems (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Familiarity with network configurations and deployment/support of application and embedded software systems.
- Working knowledge of Python and Unix scripting and familiarity with document driven NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience with use of data analytics for predictive maintenance and error detection, and the use of system log files for diagnosis and performance analysis.
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce Field Service Lightning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism and resolution of issues.
- Ability to travel 20%.
- Willing and able to be available by cell phone evenings and weekends if needed.
- Must be based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.