RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you. If you combine passion with experience – we want you. If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you. Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The System Performance Intern at RefleXion will be part of the Software Systems team that is responsible for the full stack (UI, DB, server, embedded, network, etc.) of our system’s health and performance. Primary task for this position will include researching and prototyping an in-house tool to measure performance metrics from our real-time system, which includes network performance and system performance (CPU, memory, etc.). The intern will also be involved in generating models to establish the system’s baseline performance and use this to detect and/or predict performance variations.
• Researching, prototyping and developing in-house tool for gathering system performance statistics.
• Use SNMP protocol to gather statistics in the system.
• Modeling system performance statistics to create a baseline characteristic.
• Detecting system performance anomalies which deviates from baseline performance.
• Create algorithm to detect true anomalies or system degradation to update baseline model.
• Research SNMP agent for QNX machines.
• Senior in an undergraduate program for computer science or related engineering field.
• Linux OS, writing bash scripts and/or CLI tools
• Programming experience with object oriented and functional languages
• Webstack development experience
• Build automation experience
• Ability to adapt and work quickly in a fast paced, high transaction environment
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
• Ability to build and maintain relationships across supported organizations
• Excellent communication (written, oral), presentation and documentation skills
• Dedication and determination to get through challenging problems
• A passion for creating robust and reliable product
• Graduate program for computer science and/or engineering with prior internships, co-op, or research lab work. Nice to have.
• Network experience. Nice to have.
• SNMP protocol. Nice to have.
• C++ Nice to have.
• MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, Node.js) Nice to have.
• Jenkins Nice to have.
• Git Nice to have.
• Packet capturing tools (TCPdump, Wireshark, etc.) Nice to have.
• Network packet analysis Nice to have.