The Clinical Applications Specialist / Medical Dosimetrist will be part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy use experts. This team acts as a bridge between development engineers and outside clinicians, coalescing and translating customer needs into clinical requirements. The team will focus on establishing the clinical requirements for the products and formally validating that the products address them. The successful candidate will need prior clinical experience in medical dosimetry, radiation therapy, cancer treatment, and hospital operations. By developing deep relationships with the Key-Opinion-Leaders in cancer treatment, the team will help investigate and develop new high-value clinical applications for RefleXion’s products, contributing to the larger radiotherapy, radiology and oncology communities. This position will require technical understanding of medical dosimetry, radiotherapy physics and clinical workflow. The Clinical Applications Specialist/Medical Dosimetrist will need to learn key aspects of a medical device company such as design control and medical quality systems. He or she will engage the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Design, plan and calculate optimum radiation treatment plans using the RefleXion Treatment Planning System (TPS) using clinical and phantom data as inputs
- Work with a team of physicists, Ux designers and software developers to evaluate the performance of treatment planning and treatment delivery systems from a dosimetrist perspective throughout product development from concept through final product realization
- Develop test protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the Reflexion products
- Support Build and develop collaborations with clinical KOLs to understand and develop high-value clinical applications for the products
- Support clinical applications training to customers on the operation of the RefleXion system.
- Support Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Provide support for new product introduction and initial commercial launch
- Support potential clinical evaluation of new or enhanced products at key customer sites
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions
- Perform other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals
- 3+ years of experience as a medical dosimetrist; CMD is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable in the areas of anatomy, physiology, clinical oncology, radiobiology, radiation physics, and radiation safety
- Expertise in the technical aspects of radiation oncology and medical physics to develop optimal treatment plans, compare and evaluate alternative treatment plans, perform plan QA.
- Knowledgeable in health care informatics-including the resources, devices and methods to acquire, store and retrieve data. Tools include computers as well as clinical guidelines, current medical terminology, information and communication systems.
- Possess high level critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information with co-workers and customers
- Demonstrated success working as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with design control process & deliverables desirable
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Enthusiastic learner who is eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an environment where priorities and needs may change quickly
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, internationally and domestic
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products