The Senior Medical Physicist will be part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy use experts. This team will work with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion radiotherapy products. The team will focus on establishing the clinical requirements for the products and validating that the products address them. The successful candidate will need a strong background in radiation physics, radiation therapy, diagnostic imaging and medical device design control. The Senior Medical Physicist will support the Clinical Engineering group in developing deep relationships with Key-Opinion-Leaders in cancer treatment and in investigating/developing new high-value clinical applications for RefleXion’s products, contributing to the larger radiotherapy, radiology and oncology communities.
This position will require technical understanding of radiotherapy physics/diagnostic imaging and clinical workflow. The Senior Medical Physicist will be expected to understand medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, hazard analysis, and formal testing. He or she will engage the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Conceptualize and lead medical physics projects to validate the clinical performance of Reflexion systems
- Co-ordinate with vendors and internal R&D resources to develop, qualify, organize and maintain tools, phantoms, and supplies for QA and commissioning of Reflexion systems
- Provide guidance to the product development teams to ensure that RefleXion’s products meet their clinical performance goals
- Develop protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the product
- Support Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Collaborate with other organizations within the company as needed i.e. regulatory, product education. training, sales and marketing
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions
- Perform other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals
- Collaborate with clinical partners and KOL’s in the industry to develop protocols and critieria for acceptance and clinical utilization of Reflexion systems
- Publish system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners
- MS or PhD degree in Physics or Engineering plus clinical/research work experience.
- Demonstrated success working as part of a cross-functional product development team to move successful products from concept through launch
- Experience with QA methodologies for medical imaging and radiation therapy
- Familiarity with current medical physics guidance reports including AAPM, ICRU, IAEA
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Use of Microsoft office tools for documentation and data analysis
- Ability to program in Matlab or equivalent language for simulation and data analysis is highly desirable
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Clinical experience, particularly in radiation therapy or radiosurgery, and strong background and radiation physics and diagnostic imaging is required
- Experience with design control process & deliverables is highly desirable
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products