The Senior Program Manager is responsible for providing cross-functional management and leadership for R&D / Engineering programs and projects in support of new product development and transfer to manufacturing. The successful candidate will be a strong lateral influencer and motivator, enabling close collaboration with project leaders and individual contributors throughout the organization. Additionally, the Senior Program Manager will collaborate with the Director of Program Management to create, instill, maintain, and constantly improve a common language of program/project management expectations and behaviors across all RefleXion development activities.
- Plan the overall program and organize, drive, and monitor progress to ensure that milestones are being met across the various projects and cross-functional domains.
- Assist project leaders in the planning and management of projects by ensuring all program requirements and deliverables are identified, integrated, tracked, and successfully managed from initiation through implementation, verification, and transfer.
- Develop and cultivate cross-departmental relationships. Collaborate with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross-functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Actively manage / coordinate end-to-end execution of assigned programs, ensuring their adherence to agreed business objectives, project plan, schedule and quality.
- Actively manage the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve commercialization objectives.
- Actively manage the risks and issues that might and do arise over the course of the program life cycle and take measures to address them to ensure timely delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings, including the preparation of meeting agendas, effective meeting management, and documenting meeting minutes with action items.
- Develop and maintain project artifacts (project plans, schedule, Design History File, etc.)
- Help define and maintain standard methods for project definition, risk assessment and mitigation, budgeting, resourcing, and planning as well as standard methods for measurement and tracking of project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater (preferred) in a technical or scientific discipline.
- 5+ years demonstrated competency in project/program management of complex, multi-disciplinary, software-controlled systems, with coordination of multiple concurrent subsystem development activities.
- 3+ years of experience with medical device design control in a functional management role; comfortable with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, verification and validation, and risk analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, from initial conceptualization through transfer to manufacturing.
- Broad knowledge of project and program management methodologies; professional training or certification in project management preferred.
- Skilled in facilitating project planning, decision-making, meeting management, project tracking, and cross-functional communication.
- Skilled at making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development.
- Skilled in critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Skilled in developing collaborative relationships, with the ability to foster open communication with within and across project teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- A passion, drive, and endurance for creating robust and reliable products and demonstrated ability to inspire, lead, and motivate teams to do likewise.