The Director of Supply Chain & Logistics is responsible for all supply chain management, material control and logistics functions in support of manufacturing and servicing of complex electromechanical equipment used in radiotherapy procedures. The Director will be a strategic yet hands-on leader capable of implementing the organization, systems and processes necessary to meet company objectives for product quality, delivery and price. They will instill an efficient and disciplined culture that utilizes our QAD ERP platform and other electronic systems to effectively and accurately support the impending scaleup of the business. They will own all supply chain and logistics relationships building successful external partnerships while simultaneously partnering internally will R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, Service and Finance to ensure that supply meets all demand in an optimal financial manner. This role will own all Supply Chain & Logistics strategy and will be an evolving position in an exciting startup company environment.
- Functional management and build-out of the Materials and Logistics teams in support of the company’s commercial ramp schedule.
- Oversee all materials related functions supporting inhouse manufacturing such as procurement, receiving, shipping, warehouse, material control, planning, kitting and shop floor control.
- Oversee all materials related functions supporting field and customer service such as logistics, rigging, distribution centers, direct supplier shipments, FRU shipments and RMA returns.
- Execute a robust and scalable MRP control system to ensure material availability at all times, including service parts, spares and consumables.
- Implement appropriate material control and shop floor control practices to ensure accurate transactions and inventory levels.
- Expands utilization of our ERP system with appropriate integrations with our PLM system (Arena) and CRM system (Salesforce) to ensure effective automated processes.
- Drive the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to facilitate decision making that optimizes the use of company resources in the fulfillment of demand.
- Partner with Finance to provide current and projected inventory levels and material costs information.
- Manage strategic partnerships with key suppliers through supply agreement negotiation, provision of forecasts and performance monitoring.
- Substantial ownership for the evaluation and selection of suppliers, as well as outsourcing/insourcing decision making.
- Own all materials and logistics cost savings initiatives, ensuring proper tradeoffs between quality, delivery and price.
- Responsible for the evaluation of all change orders (CO’s) and non-conforming reports (NCR’s) to ensure proper disposition of materials and closed-loop follow through.
- Support R&D with their new product introduction (NPI) initiatives by ensuring procurement of prototype materials in an expedited timeline, proper traceability of formal test units and transfer to manufacturing activities.
- Manage import/export processes for international logistics.
- Analyze, monitor and report supply chain & logistics performance through appropriate reports and metrics (KPI’s).
- Ensure appropriate and complete procedures and work instructions for all materials and logistics activities.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, support other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical or related field. APICS certification preferred.
- 10+ years of supply chain management and logistics experience, 5+ years of experience with complex electromechanical equipment in a manufacturing and service environment.
- Direct experience supporting a service organization with service parts and logistics across a global supply chain.
- Deep knowledge of all materials related processes for supply chain management, materials management, manufacturing, logistics and field service.
- Expert at implementing and utilizing ERP systems and MRP process. QAD experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading the S&OP process for an organization, including educating executives and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with proven ability to build a results-oriented organization.
- Ability to think strategically to implement scalable business systems and establish plans that account for future business needs, market trends and potential risks.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to optimize tradeoffs between critical to business requirements and successful long-term partnerships.
- Solid analytic skills to build cost models and perform data analysis in support of cost reduction initiatives (i.e. make/buy decisions).
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills for managing external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with QSR & ISO 13485 compliance strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 10% (primarily for supplier visits).