The Application team at RefleXion is responsible for developing the applications and supporting infrastructure to enable state of the art radiotherapy cancer treatment. We partner closely with the Algorithm and Embedded Software teams, as well as internal clinical experts, to create a cohesive and intuitive application. We are passionate about building an intuitive and modern application. We use Angular and Electron to create a single page application, and Typescript and Nest.js with MongoDB for a scalable and stable back-end.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of the team building Treatment Planning and Treatment Delivery Applications, including QA and Machine Health for the RefleXion system. RefleXion utilizes a multi-modality PET and CT system for biology-guided radiotherapy. The Senior Software Engineer will lead the development of a single page web application that will be used to service and support the RefleXion System through the development of sophisticated user interfaces that allows to control, calibrate, test and troubleshoot the system. The successful candidate will be an expert full stack developer with strong web technology, information management, and software engineering skills.
The Senior Software Engineer will have good leadership and collaboration skills to work with a multi-disciplinary team of embedded software developers, product managers and service engineers to support development of specialized tools for the RefleXion System. Prior experience working with hardware systems and embedded software interfaces will be a big plus. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Lead early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility
- Design and implement RefleXion’s suite of applications, utilizing modern web development technologies
- Design and implement service and calibration tools
- Define engineering requirements from product requirements
- Perform software risk analysis and implement mitigations
- Drive architecture, design, and code reviews
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years of developing commercial software products
- Expert in TypeScript and modern ECMAScript editions
- Expert in Angular 4 or later
- Expert knowledge of document driven NoSQL databases, e.g., MongoDB or CouchDB
- Strong background in core computer science concepts with a deep understanding of robust software engineering processes including automated regression testing and continuous integration
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with C++ desired
- Experience interfacing with embedded software systems desired
- Experience with radiotherapy or other medical device product development desired
- Knowledge of medical industry design control process and FDA regulations desired