The Senior Algorithms Engineer will be part of a team of talented algorithm developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. RefleXion utilizes a multi-modality PET and CT system for biology-guided radiotherapy. RefleXion's patented biological guidance represents a revolution in radiation delivery that enables the underlying cancer biology to control and shape the therapeutic tumor dose. The Senior Algorithms Engineer will be working in a fast-paced team of algorithm developers on challenging treatment plan optimization, workflow automation and treatment time reduction. The successful candidate will have experience working on machine learning tools to solve automatic image segmentation and contouring problems, and also have a strong background in advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, and data mining. The position requires good knowledge of C++ for product development and use of Matlab and Python for prototyping.
The successful candidate will be expected to learn the medical device quality system and design control regulations, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls. The candidate will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Design and develop clinical workflow optimization through automation algorithms
- Develop and implement robust and automated algorithms such as for image registration, image contouring and image pattern reorganization
- Be involved with both product development and new technology prototyping
- Exploration on new ideas according to company’s strategic direction
- Develop and support the technology from prototype to commercial release
- Conduct performance analysis and software testing, including system simulation and data, image and system analysis
- Define engineering requirements from product requirements
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely-related field
- Strong background in machine learning, advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, and data mining
- 3+ years of experience with auto-decision support tools through data mining
- 5+ years of experience developing algorithms for computer vision/image processing problems such as image registration, image denoising, motion tracking, image registration, image segmentation and image contouring
- Experience in solving image enhancement and classification problems by using deep learning toolkits such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, etc.
- Strong software design skill and a proven ability to build prototypes quickly
- Programing expertise using C++, Matlab and/or Python
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with medical imaging or radiotherapy product development desired
- Knowledge of medical industry design control process and FDA regulations desired