The Algorithms Engineer will be part of a team of talented algorithm developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. RefleXion utilizes a multi-modality PET and CT system for biology-guided radiotherapy. RefleXion's patented biological guidance represents a revolution in radiation delivery that enables the underlying cancer biology to control and shape the therapeutic tumor dose. The Algorithms Engineer will be working in a small but fast-paced team of algorithm developers on challenging image processing, image registration, and image segmentation problems. The successful candidate will have a strong background in advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, and geometry. The position requires good knowledge of C++ for product development and use of Matlab and Python for prototyping.
The successful candidate will be expected to learn the medical device quality system and design control regulations, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls. The candidate will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Design and implement algorithms for image processing problems such as image registration and image segmentation, automatic organ contouring on multimodality images, such as CT or PET/CT, and PET/MRI images for our treatment planning and delivery system. This includes developing own modules or selecting third party tools and integrating them into the treatment planning and delivery system.
- Design and develop clinical workflow optimization through automation algorithms
- Develop a software system that allows end users to plug-in their own algorithms for research purposes
- Support Senior Algorithms Engineers on product development and new technology prototyping
- Conduct performance analysis and software testing, including system simulation and data, image and system analysis
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely-related field
- Strong background in advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, image registration, and image segmentation
- 3+ years of experience developing algorithms for computer vision/image processing problems such as image registration, image denoising, motion tracking, image registration and image segmentation
- Strong software design skills and programing expertise using C++, Matlab and/or Python
- Experience in image visualization tools and image manipulation techniques
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with medical imaging or radiotherapy product development desired
- Knowledge of medical industry design control process and FDA regulations desired
- Experience with DICOM standards and interoperability desired