The Associate Director of Human Resources and Facilities will be responsible for overall administration, coordination and execution of the Human Resources and Facilities functions for this breakthrough, emerging, well-funded medical technology company with disruptive technology in the field of radiation oncology.
The Associate Director of HR and Facilities will:
- Report to the Director of HR & Facilities as a strategic business partner and HR generalist have responsibility for managing the team and all initiatives, policies and procedures related to personnel and facilities with the overarching goal of building a world-class organization
- Works closely with management to support the team aligning HR and Facility projects with strategic corporate objectives and goals.
- Management of all facilities (office space, specialized R&D, manufacturing/operations). Important to have prior experience co-managing renovation construction projects (office space).
- Ensure that the Company has the proper controls, administrative and reporting procedures in place to ensure compliance with federal, state and local personnel laws. Prior experience with FDA/ISO audits as well as policies necessary for Sunshine Act compliance a plus. Ensure facility related compliance with local, state and federal requirements (building codes, Fire Code, CalOSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Partner with Director in fostering, nurturing and improving RefleXion’s corporate culture and core values.
- Partner with Director to drive comprehensive strategies in attrition mitigation and executive/key-employee retention.
- Experience developing executive and sales compensation plans for top-tier talent and experienced managers.
- Develop a roadmap for scaling and continuing to automate RefleXion’s core HR systems (payroll, benefits, HRIS, training, recruiting/interviewing/onboarding)
- Institution of key-performance indicators and HR dashboard for executive management.
- Working with the Facilities resources, develop a road map for scaling a Employee Health and Safety Program.
- Evolution/development of a modern and meaningful Performance Management system and Employee Handbook.
- Management and evolution of RefleXion’s benefit plans (healthcare, 401k, dental/vision)
- Hands-on experience regarding Federal and California employment law is required.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) with excellent presentation skills
- Strong HRIS experience (i.e. Paylocity, Workday or similar HRIS).
- Prior experience with FDA/ISO audits.
- Willing and able to be available 24/7 and to be on-call, travel and/or work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Must be based locally in the San Francisco Bay Area
The successful candidate will have:
- Been a Sr Manager / Director level HR manager within a global, 300- 1,000 employee business with a broad HR generalist background.
- Track-record of successful experience and management/growth of a mid-sized global HR/Facilities organization (~7+ individuals).
- Ability to prioritize and handle myriad of inbound issues.
- HR management experience with a company preparing for a public offering.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and with ability to plan and articulate long-terms goals while at same time diving into near-term tactics and execution.
- Unimpeachable ethics and integrity along with the dedication, resourcefulness, and determination to succeed.
- Persuasive and self-confident with interpersonal skills that generate trust, respect, and credibility; a team player and one who can easily build effective relations with other senior management, employees, and other external stakeholders.
- Driven and high-energy, with consistent ability to close out projects/initiatives to successful completion.
- The capacity to be involved with business operations, coupled with clearly demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- An excellent communicator and results driven professional, able to inspire others through conviction, vision and the ability to formulate and articulate ideas and action programs and lead them through execution.
- A high-energy, self-starter who thrives in a hard working environment and can “roll up his/her sleeves” to get the job done.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with the decisiveness and flexibility necessary to operate successfully in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Forward thinking, creative, and strategic with a decisive “can do” attitude that will proactively address challenges and create multiple options to meet business goals.
- Hardworking, detail oriented, well organized, passionate, and energized by the challenge in the position, who is driven by winning and growing a business.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources or a related discipline preferred.