The Technical Support Director will lead the headquarters-based service functions. They will be a hands-on technical leader who develops the processes and organization to deliver technical support, software support, service escalation management, service software tool management and first line customer support. The Director will be a key leader within our overall support organization with broad responsibilities for ensuring system availability for our customers. They will partner with the product development teams to develop the right proactive monitoring tools as well as customer escalation support. And they will build systems to support and partner seamlessly with the field service teams. The Director will bring deep expertise to the role with the ability to move quickly in a rapidly growing start-up.
- Design and implement all systems and processes for delivering software and application support, first line customer support, remote service as well as service information systems.
- Ensure customer success through design of proactive and responsive systems and teams.
- Recruit and hire Support personnel necessary to meet the company’s commercial ramp schedule.
- Establish systems and procedures to monitor RefleXion system performance and direct proactive service as required to prevent system downtime.
- Influence service tool development.
- Ensure all service calls and activities are documented and transacted appropriately in RefleXion’s customer support application.
- Design and implement a system to forecast service FRU demand.
- Lead the development and use of a service knowledge management system.
- Define and implement metrics to monitor both system performance as well as the team effectiveness.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service-related product improvements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject.
- 8+ years of technical service experience with similar equipment, medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners) preferred.
- 5+ years of technical service management experience.
- Strong computer and software skills, including the ability to configure and troubleshoot on UNIX flavored operating systems (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Familiarity with network configurations and deployment/support of application and embedded software systems.
- Working knowledge of Python and Unix scripting and familiarity with document driven NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience with use of data analytics for predictive maintenance and error detection, and the use of system log files for diagnosis and performance analysis.
- Experience with service platforms, preferably Salesforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism and resolution of issues.
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain client site access, which may include: proof of valid identification, criminal background checks, drug screens, immunizations, annual TB testing, healthcare trainings, etc.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Willing and able to be available by cell phone 24/7 and to be on-call, travel and/or work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Position is based in Hayward, CA