The Director, Innovation Strategy will drive the direction and agenda for breakthrough innovation and value creation at RefleXion. This is a key leadership role at the company, one that will prioritize top unmet needs and create comprehensive opportunity assessments in order to guide RefleXion’s innovation investments into areas with the greatest potential market impact and return.
- Responsible for global innovation strategy and planning for the full RefleXion product portfolio.
- Shape RefleXion innovation programs in the digital/software and novel imaging areas.
- Lead global needs and insights gathering by conducting clinical immersions, engaging with clinicians and researchers, attending clinical congresses, and performing literature reviews.
- Maintain database of top needs for company to consider, and lead characterization and prioritization of needs based on market value, clinical impact, business strategy and other criteria.
- Create portfolio strategy and maintain market roadmap for company.
- Write market requirements documents (MRDs) for key features, projects and programs.
- Lead business plan development for key features, projects and programs.
- Contribute to business partner strategy, including build/buy decisions, in collaboration with R&D and Business Development colleagues.
- Contribute to RefleXion product roadmap, in collaboration with Product Engineering colleagues.
- Contribute to key development and pre-commercial activities, including invention, spec trade-offs, product positioning and messaging, customer product configurations, and launch strategy & planning.
- Engage in key commercial stage activities, including monitoring customer feedback, complaint reviews, and product lifecycle management in order to refine innovation strategies.
- Maintain awareness of major advances in radiotherapy, medical imaging, medical oncology, molecular diagnostics and big data approaches, as relevant to RefleXion.
- Travel may be required up to 20% in support of voice of customer, congress and deal activities.
- The role will be based at RefleXion HQ in Hayward, California
- Proven track record as a leader in strategic marketing, product management and/or product planning within the medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical industry, with oncology experience preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience or a minimum of 12 years combined education/training and experience.
- Exceptional analytical and business communication skills.
- Demonstrated cross-functional and influence management experience.
- Strong people and initiative management experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of innovation best practices in industry and ability to incorporate them into new or existing programs and processes.
- Extensive experience leading multiple projects involving complex issues and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate and interpret data.
- BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline required.
- Advanced degree such as MD, PhD or MBA preferred.
- Biodesign or similar needs-based innovation training and/or experience preferred.
- Strong Communicator: You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in technical, clinical and business topics.
- Organized: You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of structure.
- Problem-Solver: As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable: You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible: Thorough understanding of strategic marketing and product management, allowing you to quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
- Integrity: demonstrate highest level of honesty, transparency and ethical behavior.