The Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the Software Test team and focused on testability, robustness and performance of the product. This person will work closely with other software engineers to build the infrastructure for both manual and automated test coverage of the embedded control of the medical linear accelerator by developing test cases for software components that control hardware and contributing to the development of machine simulators. This person will be involved in reviewing test strategy and supporting formal verification testing of the application software to ensure requirement coverage.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software test development and test methodologies for medical device control systems. Besides a strong interest and expertise in tools and infrastructure, this position requires good familiarity with the control and monitoring of electomechanical subsystems that involve motion, flow, temperature, and x-ray generation, and a good understanding of the communication interfaces commonly used in distributed control sytems. Experience with medical device quality systems and design control will be a big positive. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Analyze and review product specifications to ensure product quality, safety, reliability, and testability.
- Develop and document test protocols for verifying the functionality and safety of electromechanical
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify & document encountered
- Work closely with other testers and developers to coordinate testing efforts and to resolve issues.
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to testing automation and performance
- 5+ years in a software test engineer role performing testing of embedded control software for large scale
- Basic knowledge of electronics; able to employ meters, scopes, etc. in the testing of embedded system
- Basic knowledge of networking; able to configure switches and routers and employ network analyzers in the testing of embedded system
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and
- Software design skills and experience using C++ and common scripting languages (Shell / Bash, Python, ).
- Familiarity with requirements-based
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Good communication skills, including experience writing technical
- A passion for creating robust and reliable
- Familiarity with ALM tools for requirements, test, and issue tracking (e.g. Helix, Rational).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, TFS).
- Experience with tools for automated
- Familiarity with medical device development and regulations, especially medical imaging and/or radiation therapy
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related