We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Clinical Education & Training Manager is an exciting opportunity to be involved at the ground floor level in creating what’s needed to train & support our customer Oncology professionals and employees in the safe and effective use of our ground-breaking technology. You will wear many hats in this hands-on role, including curriculum & support material creation. The position will evolve from design and development to the delivery mode where you will train in our Headquarters Training Center & at customer sites. This will be the first Clinical Education & Training position and is the opportunity to establish and lead education & training strategies for a rapidly growing startup.
Development of Training Materials & Curriculum
Customers: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Dosimetrists, and Radiation Therapists
RefleXion Personnel: Sales, Field Service, Newly Hired Headquarters Personnel
- Interact with subject matter experts and work with cross functional teams to design, develop and maintain customer and internal training materials for RefleXion product training courses.
- Conduct needs assessment & develop audience-specific curriculum & content in accordance with business needs, learning objectives, quality standards & deadlines.
- Assess learning objectives and audience to determine optimal knowledge transfer methodology and implementation strategy.
- Ensure materials meet all regulatory, legal and compliance standards.
- Serve as faculty & educate at our Headquarter Training Center to ensure Oncology professionals are able to operate their RefleXion system in a safe and effective manner.
- Conduct on-site trainings of our customers. Facilitate their learning so that they can independently operate the RefleXion system with a high level of confidence.
- Educate RefleXion customer facing personnel so that they can speak comfortably about our product to prospective & current customers.
- Document education activities per established guidelines.
Management of Resources
- Build and mentor a team to conduct on-site & remote education of Oncology professionals and RefleXion personnel.
- Oversee daily operations and coordination of education and training activities at the training center and in the field.
- Track key metrics to ensure optimal training effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Serve as in-house consultant and education resource, representing the Clinical Education & Training group on cross-functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally to create business processes & procedures related to training.
- Perform Company business in accordance with all regulations and company policy and procedures.
- 5+ years clinical and non-clinical experience in Radiation Oncology.
- Clinical understanding of the processes in a Radiation Oncology department.
- BS in equivalent field required, clinical degree/ credentials in a related field (i.e. adult learning).
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in developing training program curriculum & content.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team and managing people.
- Ability to identify and implement appropriate instructional techniques & tools for a given audience, such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, Quick Start Guides, videos, e-learning etc.
- Demonstrated high impact teaching & presentation skills.
- Role requires a highly communicative & collaborative individual who can quickly build long-term relationships with internal and external parties.
- Business acumen: excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen, understand and competently relay information, high emotional intelligence, leadership skills, flexibility and self-motivation.
- Experience in and ability to work in a compliance-oriented and regulated environment.
- To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language fluently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and ideally Articulate and/or desktop publishing software.
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (which may include weekends).
- Maintain all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain client site access, which may include: proof of valid identification, criminal background checks, drug screens, immunizations, annual TB testing, healthcare training, etc.