The Software Support Manager will be a hands-on technical leader that develops the processes and organization to deliver software support and services for a breakthrough technology in radiation therapy. This position will be responsible for software installations and upgrades, system performance monitoring, application support and customer service triage. This will be the first Software Support position and is the opportunity to establish and lead Software Support strategies for a rapidly growing startup.
- Ensure customer success through implementation of effective and efficient support service activities.
- Recruit and hire Software Support personnel necessary to meet the company’s commercial ramp schedule.
- Establish and document all support service processes including software installation and upgrades, system performance monitoring, application support and customer service triage.
- Perform on-site and remote software installations, updates and upgrades within time requirements established by service management and/or customer.
- Monitor RefleXion system performance and direct proactive service as required to prevent system downtime.
- Influence service tool development by defining use cases and requirements and helping to validate them.
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues.
- Provide direct customer service support for RefleXion product applications.
- Timely and professionally handle customer service calls with proper triage and resolution.
- Ensure all service calls and activities are documented and transacted appropriately in RefleXion’s customer relationship management (CRM) application.
- Develop metrics and knowledge data warehouse that can be used to inform RefleXion management and influence customer training.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service related product improvements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years of software service experience with similar equipment, medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners) preferred.
- 3+ years of software service management experience.
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices that use highly sophisticated software.
- Strong computer and software skills, including the ability to configure and troubleshoot on UNIX flavored operating systems (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Familiarity with network configurations and deployment/support of application and embedded software systems.
- Working knowledge of Python and Unix scripting and familiarity with document driven NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience with use of data analytics for predictive maintenance and error detection, and the use of system log files for diagnosis and performance analysis.
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism and resolution of issues.
- Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain client site access, which may include: proof of valid identification, criminal background checks, drug screens, immunizations, annual TB testing, healthcare trainings, etc.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Willing and able to be available by cell phone 24/7 and to be on-call, travel and/or work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Must be based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.