We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will oversee the ongoing development of the accounting function and the maintenance of robust financial accounting records, systems, processes, controls and reports. The role is a mixture of hands-on detailed work (especially in areas of technical expertise such as revenue recognition) and team and people development. For the right candidate this position will offer promotion opportunities as the organization matures.This position will pay in the $155-175K range.
The Assistant Controller should have exposure to most of the specific knowledge related to the accounting functions listed below and will be directly responsible for each area.
Financial Statement Preparation & Analysis
- Oversees close on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepares all required financial reports, including those required by the SEC if and when the Company completes a successful public offering.
- Is the primary contact for external auditors, insurance brokers and tax advisors.
- Supports the CFO during financings, including any that lead to a public offering.
- Works with the FP&A team to analyze and communicate financial performance to executive and other management and the Board of Directors.
- Performs, reviews and communicates a variety of analyses, such as ratio performance, business unit reporting, budget variances and other ad hoc projects.
- Supports the CFO on ad-hoc financial and accounting projects as requested.
Managerial & Advisory Responsibilities
- Is overall responsible for the general ledger, tax compliance, treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, equity and technical accounting functions within the Company.
- Owns and manages the day-to-day activities of the accounting team, including supporting and managing the accounting manager.
- Oversees and assists in the creation of process documentation for all key financial processes.
- Develops the department’s usage of existing accounting systems including QAD and Concur.
- Advises in the negotiation of customer terms and conditions as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Evaluates all commercial business transactions for their revenue recognition impact.
- Oversees the payment of vendors and employees.
- Oversees the management of the entities cash balances working with external investment advisors.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate given the evolving facts and circumstances of the Company.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Eight years minimum work experience in a professional financial or accounting position including at least three years of management experience.
- Deep US GAAP technical knowledge requiring at least 3 years of employment at a “Big 4”, or similar, Audit firm.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Intermediate MS Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.