We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Embedded Software Intern at RefleXion will work under the guidance of senior engineers to develop tools to support testing and debugging of our embedded controllers. Tools may include scripts to support testing/system characterization, or embedded software to monitor system performance in terms of network traffic or motion tracking. Development of rich, easy to use user interfaces may also be part of the development effort.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position supports the overarching goal of delivering top quality, reliable, safe software solution to meet overall radiotherapy product requirements. This includes:
- Brainstorming and analysis of potential solutions for software performance and/or reliability issues
- Developing prototype code for proposed solutions
- Assist in debugging and testing of existing software solutions/architecture
- Assist in completing test protocols and generating test reports
- Candidate of Master’s or PhD degrees in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Experience in C/C++ coding and Python scripting
- Relevant courses: Real-time Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Robotics, Control Systems, Embedded Software Programming
- Ability to isolate and debug software issues, in the context of embedded systems
- Programming environments: Linux, QNX
- Attention to detail and excellent communication (written, oral)
- Completion of school projects related to topics above is desirable
- Hands-on experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVMs is desirable
- Dedication and determination to get through challenging problems
- A passion for excellence