We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Clinical Applications Specialist/Medical Dosimetrist will be part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy use experts. This team acts as a bridge between development engineers and outside clinicians, coalescing and translating customer needs into clinical requirements. The team will focus on establishing the clinical requirements for the products and formally validating that the products address them. The successful candidate will need prior clinical experience in medical dosimetry, radiation therapy, cancer treatment, and hospital operations. By developing deep relationships with the Key-Opinion-Leaders in cancer treatment, the team will help investigate and develop new high-value clinical applications for RefleXion’s products, contributing to the larger radiotherapy, radiology and oncology communities. This position will require technical understanding of medical dosimetry, radiotherapy physics and clinical workflow. The Clinical Applications Specialist/Medical Dosimetrist will need to learn key aspects of a medical device company such as design control and medical quality systems. He or she will engage the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, plan and calculate optimum radiation treatment delivery techniques using the RefleXion Treatment Planning System (TPS)
- Support clinical applications training to customers on the operation of the RefleXion system.
- Take an active role in product development teams and provide the dosimetrist user perspective in product decisions
- Perform informal assessments of the clinical performance of prototype designs
- Develop protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the product
- Support Build and develop collaborations with clinical KOLs to understand and develop high-value clinical applications for the products
- Support Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Provide support for new product introduction and initial commercial launch
- Support potential clinical evaluation of new or enhanced products at key customer sites
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions
- Perform other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals
- 3+ years of experience as a medical dosimetrist; CMD is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable in the areas of anatomy, physiology, clinical oncology, radiobiology, radiation physics, and radiation safety
- Expertise in the technical aspects of radiation oncology and medical physics to develop optimal treatment plans.
- Knowledgeable in health care informatics-including the resources, devices and methods to acquire, store and retrieve data. Tools include computers as well as clinical guidelines, current medical terminology, information and communication systems.
- Possess high level critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information with co-workers and customers
- Demonstrated success working as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with design control process & deliverables desirable
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Enthusiastic learner who is eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an environment where priorities and needs may change quickly
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, internationally and domestic
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products