We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working cross functionally to plan, implement, and execute approved events from conception through to completion. The Corporate Event individual will provide outstanding customer service and organizes memorable events that meet quality expectations. The range of events could include conferences, trade shows, receptions, product launch events, press conferences, employee celebrations, award ceremonies and customer social events.
- Plans, designs and produces events within specified time limits and within the approved budget
- Works with internal stakeholders to identify the goals and objectives of the event, and to identify other needs
- Effectively presents event ideas, plans, options and budget to internal stakeholders
- Develops strong relationships with vendors and venues to positively position RefleXion as a preferred partner
- Coordinates all event details including but not limited: facility, exhibit set up, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, lodging, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, invitations, etc.
- May research potential event locations and evaluate alternatives
- Conducts market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Conducts pre-event site visits as appropriate
- Provides feedback and periodic reports to internal stakeholders during the event planning process
- Proposes ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Specifies event staff requirements and coordinates their activities
- Works in conjunction with marketing and public relations to promote and publicize event if appropriate
- Manages and oversees events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Proactively handles any arising issues and troubleshoots potentials problems on the event day
- Conducts pre and post–event evaluations or surveys and reports outcomes to management
- Manages vendor relations and maintains partnerships
- Manages invoice processing in a timely manner and in compliance with company accounting policies
- Adheres to product FDA online marketing guidelines in all event material created and distributed
- Adheres to applicable GMP and ISO 13485 processes and procedures
- Ensures compliance with required insurance, legal, health and safety obligations for each event
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Certified Meeting Planning Professional program certification a plus.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience as a successful events planner or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed and successful events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Builds productive business relationships needed to negotiate vendor contracts on behalf of RefleXion
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented; strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates calmness under pressure, especially during the event
- High-energy team player, innovative thinker and a self-starter
- Ability to travel overnight