RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will work directly with a wide range of individuals including senior management, finance team, vendors and other stakeholders. The successful candidate must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills, and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently expanding.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables for assigned areas (e.g. cash, investments, capital expenditures, prepaids, accruals, costs and expenses)
- Perform timely account reconciliations to ensure integrity and accuracy of the accounting records. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary
- Assist with preparation of annual audit deliverables
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going financial activities
- Provide guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results and financial information, and other reporting requirements
- Lead and participate in various cross-functional initiatives to optimize and improve financial systems and processes
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Ideally, prior public accounting experience
- 3+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
- CPA or CPA-tracking preferred. Experience working in a Healthcare/Life sciences company a plus.
- Systems experience in QAD preferred.
- Experience in an environment with manufacturing/inventory considerations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate cross functionally