Turning cancer on itself. Finally.
RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you. Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
As a Sr. UX Designer at RefleXion, you'll implement design methodologies, while working closely with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to help research, define, synthesize and develop compelling user experiences for a very complex and revolutionary medical system.
You believe that the best design starts with a thorough, intimate and comprehensive understanding of the problem and believe that best design is achieved though building/synthesizing, diligent collaboration, critique, testing and iteration.
You'll apply human factors/usability to user experience design to improve the safety, efficacy and usability of a complex medical device. This includes the planning, execution and reporting of formative and summative usability testing.
You are a true team player and understand that delivery of great products and features includes a balance of outputs that are feasible yet desirable, requiring bold design, bold execution, and humble collaboration.
Become part of a growing team that is helping to put people at the center of an extraordinary medical system through the design and development of safe, usable and valuable experiences that delight.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively collaborate with the experienced research and design team, product, engineering, cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement safe and elegant user experiences that are embedded into an elaborate medical system.
- Conduct user research to understand user behavior, aspirations and challenges, that lead to user insights, connections and unspoken needs.
- Apply human factors/usability guidelines and best practices to user experience design to improve the safety, efficacy and usability of a medical system with a multitude of users. This includes, but not limited to, the planning, execution and reporting of formative and summative usability testing.
- Develop and iterate design artifacts and deliverables including prototypes (ranging from whiteboard wireframes to digital mock-ups to physical mock-ups), user personas, story mapping, journey maps, site maps, and user flows.
- Run workshops with cross-functional teams to uncover and communicate user insights, synthesize prototypes and validate the feasibility/usability/value with internal product teams and real users.
- Practice effective communication across multi-functional teams through all phases of the product development process.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a design discipline is preferred.
- 3 or more years’ experience in interaction, visual, or experience design.
- High proficiency in the use of digital design and prototyping tools.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills through both formal presentation and daily collaboration.
- Ability to give and receive feedback/critique with humility.
- Demonstrated success implementing design processes with cross-functional development teams to deliver high value products and experiences.