Turning cancer on itself. Finally.
RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers developing a complete Biology Guided Radiotherapy system. This successful candidate will be a core contributor to building the reliability engineering discipline at RefleXion, ensuring that our radiotherapy products provide high availability for our customers and their patients.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will influence at all levels of product design from component and supplier selection, reliability design guidelines, subsystem and systems test methods, collection and analysis of lab and field reliability data, and application of reliability learnings to continuous product improvement. A particular initial emphasis will be to evaluate known reliability concerns of the product, and develop test methods to determine root causes, allowing the design team and RefleXion suppliers to resolve those concerns. Longer term, responsibilities will include tracking of field reliability experience to confirm that reliability targets are being consistently met, and to inform models for preventive/planned maintenance and service costs.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will be expected to contribute significantly to establishing standard procedures and sound engineering practices for the above activities, and the safety and regulatory requirements associated with a medical device development environment.
RefleXion has an exciting, fast-paced environment that challenges and rewards every member of the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and implement testing including setup and maintenance of reliability test fixtures, in collaboration with design engineers. Design statistically appropriate reliability test methods to validate product reliability and availability requirements.
- Predict life of components based on subsystem analysis and testing. Develop and execute plans for accelerated life testing of critical subsystems.
- Use System Engineering approaches to develop the Reliability Project Plan, allocation models, FMEA, fault tree analysis and present to Engineering team.
- Attend design reviews and provide input and assistance regarding Design for Reliability. Train design engineering community, as needed, on reliability principles and techniques.
- Conduct failure analysis and suggest design improvements.
- Manage critical suppliers, as needed, for reliability.
- Perform data analysis using appropriate reliability techniques such as Weibull, Duane, AMSAA, etc.
- Provide inputs to product preventive maintenance plans and Cost of Service projections.
- Responsible for reliability best practices for product.
Skill/Job Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- MS in EE, ME, Physics or other relevant Engineering discipline preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Reliability Engineering, preferably on large, complex capital equipment.
- Skilled in appropriate application of both analytical and empirical methods for improving product reliability.
- Experience with medical devices or other regulated product environments (IEC 60601, UL, CE, FDA) highly desired.
- Experience with reliability of large electromechanical systems, and embedded computer systems required. Good hands-on skills desirable.
- Experience in any of the following would be a plus: kilovoltage electronics, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, large rotating systems, large system thermal management, high power pulsed RF systems, data networking, radiation resistance of materials and systems.
- Experience with data acquisition and control software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience with radiation therapy systems, CT/PET medical imaging systems, or particle accelerators/X-ray sources not required, but very helpful.