We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The Software Engineer will work on the embedded system layers, safety systems, and embedded software associated with all aspects of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. The successful candidate will be a strong technical team member with a deep grounding in sound medical software development practices.
In addition to expertise in real-time embedded systems development, the position will require some technical understanding of motion control systems and medical device software development best-practices. The software team will work closely with hardware engineers to understand machine requirements, and algorithms experts to understand system requirements. The engineer will be expected to understand medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, software risk analysis, and formal testing. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement product software and algorithms
- Writing and reviewing engineering specifications for software and algorithms
- Performing formal software risk analysis and identifying and implementing mitigations
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
Required skills and experience
- MS in CS, EE or Physics, or commensurate industry experience
- 3 to 5 years embedded software development experience on an industry standard RTOS
- Strong background in algorithms, multithreading
- Expert in C++ and STL libraries with C++11 familiarity
- Object oriented design and analysis with experience in Design Patterns
- Experience with debugging tools, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Working knowledge of Python and Unix shell scripting
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Some knowledge of networking concepts and TCP/IP programming.
- Some knowledge of control systems, PID controllers and/or medical image reconstruction desirable
- Some knowledge of high energy physics desirable
- Understanding of medical device design control concepts and robust software engineering practices related to the medical device industry
- Software development experience governed by regulatory agency processes such as FDA and CE