RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The Software Engineer will work on the embedded system communication layers, safety systems, and embedded software associated with all aspects of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. The successful candidate will be a strong technical team member with a deep grounding in sound medical software development practices.
In addition to expertise in real-time embedded systems development, the position will require some technical understanding of motion control systems and medical device software development best-practices. The software team will work closely with hardware engineers to understand machine requirements, and algorithms experts to understand system requirements. The engineer will be expected to understand medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, software risk analysis, and formal testing. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement product software and algorithms
- Writing and reviewing engineering specifications for software and algorithms
- Performing formal software risk analysis and identifying and implementing mitigations
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
- Minimum BS in CS or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years embedded software development experience
- Strong background in core computer science concepts
- Expert in C++ and Boost and STL libraries
- Experience with real-time operating systems or other embedded real-time frameworks
- Solid experience with system software and device driver development
- Proven skills with debugging tools, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Working knowledge of Python and Unix scripting
- Some knowledge of motion controls and/or medical image reconstruction highly desirable
- Understanding of medical device design control concepts and robust software engineering practices such as automated regression testing and test-driven development
- Demonstrated history of products reaching the marketplace
- Regulatory agency experience including FDA and CE approval processes
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products