We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Application team at RefleXion is responsible for developing the Clinical Applications and supporting infrastructure to enable state of the art radiotherapy cancer treatment. We partner closely with the Algorithm and Embedded Software teams, as well as internal clinical experts, to create a cohesive and intuitive application.
We are passionate about building an intuitive and modern application. We use Angular and Electron to create a single page application, and Typescript and Nest.js with MongoDB for a scalable and stable back-end.
This position will play a key role in the development of applications using web technology and associated system framework for our Treatment Planning and Treatment Delivery Applications, including QA and Machine Health for the RefleXion system. This position will also work closely with subsystem design engineers to develop specialized tools to support system calibration and troubleshooting. This position requires strong web technology, information management, and software engineering skills. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement RefleXion’s suite of applications, utilizing modern web development technologies
- Design and implement calibration tools and test tools
- Writing and reviewing engineering requirements for software and algorithms
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Support system software verification and validation testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years of developing commercial software products
- Expert in TypeScript and modern ECMAScript editions
- Expert in Angular 4 or later
- Expert knowledge of document driven NoSQL databases, e.g., MongoDB or CouchDB
- Strong background in core computer science concepts
- Deep understanding of robust software engineering processes including test-driven development, automated regression testing and continuous integration
- Prior work experience with C++ would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products