RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The Software Engineer will participate in the definition of key requirements, prototyping, designing and implementation for a suite of applications related to RefleXion’s biology-guided radiation therapy system with a particular focus on complex two- and three-dimensional visualization of medical imaging and system data. The RefleXion system utilizes real-time PET guidance to deliver precise radiation to multiple targets.
This position will play a key role in the development of front-end applications and associated system framework for Treatment Delivery, Planning, and QA tools for the RefleXion machine. It involves developing accurate visualization models for patient medical imaging data (such as CT, MR, and PET scans), patient 2D and 3D models and radiation dose distributions, as well as implementing complex data plotting in front-end. In addition, it involves working closely with subsystem design leads to develop visualization tools for improved system calibration and troubleshooting. This position requires strong web technology and information architecture skills, experience with 3D visualization and underlying math, as well as solid software engineering background. The candidate will be expected to engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Applying deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems, especially with regards to the medical imaging system
- Designing and implementing RefleXion’s suite of applications utilizing modern web development technologies
- Designing and implementing machine calibration tools and test tools
- Contributing to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software
- Writing and reviewing engineering requirements for software and algorithms
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
- Contributing to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies for medical devices including formal Risk-Hazards Analysis and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
- Contributing to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- Strong background in core computer science concepts
- Strong hands-on experience developing responsive user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS
- Strong hands-on experience in 2D and 3D graphics, data visualization, and underlying vector and matrix math
- Experience with a modern UI framework (e.g. Angular 2+, React, Vue.js or similar)
- Working knowledge of modern web browser-based visualization libraries (D3, WebGL, Processing.js, and/or others)
- Experience with document driven NoSQL databases, e.g., MongoDB
- Practical experience building RESTful web services
- Deep understanding of robust software engineering processes including test-driven development, automated regression testing and continuous integration
- Prior work experience with C++ would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products