We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
Market Access and Reimbursement will be one of RefleXion’s strategic priorities, especially in the next 2-3 years. The Senior Director of Market Access and Reimbursement will lay out the foundational reimbursement strategy and plan, whose aims include: to garner novel reimbursement, shape clinical outcomes and health economics research program, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
He/she will be a key strategic leader and give input on RefleXion’s strategy and value drivers, and approach to drive market adoption. This role reports directly to RefleXion’s Founder / Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, and will have regular interaction with the CEO, VP of Medical Affairs, Head of Commercial, and the rest of the leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Develop reimbursement and market access strategy for RefleXion, with consideration for a range of clinical scenarios
- Build deep understanding of payer landscape and reimbursement trends (public and private), including their respective priorities, pain points and potential tactics
- Formulate stakeholder engagement plan (and sometimes, serve as the primary point of contact), including healthcare policymakers, regulatory bodies, and specialty societies; eventually, provide input into the Government Affairs function
- Help shape RefleXion’s product positioning and messaging, especially when engaging health policy makers and payers
- Help shape clinical program, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and publication plan
- Maintain competitive intelligence on reimbursement and market access topics
Skills & Experience
- 10-15 years of experience in reimbursement and market access at a medical technology company, preferably with an oncology focus
- Successful track record in engaging public and private payers, specialty societies, and other key stakeholders (experience outside of the US a plus)
- Direct experience in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), and providing relevant input to Commercial on pricing and sales strategy
- Strong leadership skills and direct experience in managing a team
- Unimpeachable ethics and integrity
- Strong communication style, which can be adapted for engaging across functions and levels, with the Board of Directors and external stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking skills, proactive and results-oriented