RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. This position will work closely with members of a cross functional team including software and hardware engineers to develop control algorithms and software for the various motion control subsystems within the RefleXion device. The successful candidate will be a strong technical team member with a passion for following good software development practices to deliver a safe and reliable product. In addition to expertise in motion control systems development, the candidate will have prior experience working within multi-disciplinary teams and being actively engaged in system integration. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement product software and algorithms
- Writing and reviewing engineering specifications for software and algorithms
- Performing formal software risk analysis and identifying and implementing mitigations
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years developing controls software for complex electromechanical systems
- Strong background in control theory and applications
- Expert in C++
- Experience in the control of systems with brushless DC motors
- Experience interfacing to hardware subsystems using standard protocols such as ModBus, CAN, TCP/IP, SPI
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with system integration of software and hardware
- Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot circuits using oscilloscope, DMMs and other tools
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with robotics, including forward and inverse kinematics, dynamic equations of motion, and typical control system implementations
- Experience characterizing, utilizing, and troubleshooting sensors for motion control
- Experience with medical device software development and design control
- Experience with STL libraries
- Working knowledge of Unix scripting