We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. This position will work closely with members of a cross functional team including software and hardware engineers to develop control algorithms and software for the various motion control subsystems within the RefleXion device. The successful candidate will be a strong technical team member with a passion for following good software development practices to deliver a safe and reliable product. In addition to expertise in motion control systems development, the candidate will have prior experience working within multi-disciplinary teams and being actively engaged in system integration. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Completing early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement product software and algorithms
- Writing and reviewing engineering specifications for software and algorithms
- Performing formal software risk analysis and identifying and implementing mitigations
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years developing controls software for complex electromechanical systems
- Strong background in control theory and applications
- Expert in C++
- Experience in the control of systems with brushless DC motors
- Experience interfacing to hardware subsystems using standard protocols such as ModBus, CAN, TCP/IP, SPI
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with system integration of software and hardware
- Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot circuits using oscilloscope, DMMs and other tools
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with robotics, including forward and inverse kinematics, dynamic equations of motion, and typical control system implementations
- Experience characterizing, utilizing, and troubleshooting sensors for motion control
- Experience with medical device software development and design control
- Experience with STL libraries
- Working knowledge of Unix scripting