We are fundamentally altering the cancer treatment landscape by creating a modality that uses the unique biology of each tumor as a means to destroy it. Our ground-breaking approach marries positron emission tomography (PET) – the gold standard for visualizing cancer – with radiotherapy – one of the most effective ways to treat cancer. This combination, biology guiding radiotherapy (BgRT), turns cancer on itself, and finally enables radiotherapy for all stages of cancer, including metastatic disease. Biology guiding radiotherapy offers hope for millions of patients who today, have limited treatment options.
At the center of our bold vision, are passionate, committed team members who align with our culture:
- Bold. We aren’t here to fit in and provide yet another radiotherapy solution; we’re here to change the game.
- Confident. We don’t shy away from the challenge of implementing a breakthrough in cancer care – we tackle it head on from all dimensions.
- Heart. Fueled by our own experiences with cancer, this is personal. It’s driven us to develop solutions that have, until now, seemed impossible.
- Challengers of convention. We don’t let today’s technology be a barrier. We dream big and innovate to make our dreams a reality.
The Field Service Engineer must be customer focused and able to perform all mechanical, electrical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all administrative requirements. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the company in all aspects of customer relations. During the commercialization phase, approximately the next 9-12 months, it is expected you will work primarily in the factory learning system architecture and operation. You will work closely with R&D, Manufacturing, and Service Management to develop and deploy procedures related to product Installation, Service and Preventative Maintenance. Initial product roll out, including installation and service at customer facilities will be supported by this position, from the factory. Once the product has been fully commercialized necessitating the need for a full time Field Service presence, this position will transition to a fully field based service role that could require physical relocation based on customer demographics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction through implementation of effective and efficient service activities.
- Install, maintain, repair, upgrade and test equipment in a clinical environment, within time requirements established by service management and/or customer.
- Provide preventative maintenance in accordance with published procedures. Keep performance and maintenance records on the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment with minimal, or remote, support.
- Timely and professionally handle field service calls and issues, triage with headquarters as appropriate.
- Communicate with the customer and account executive to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Timely and accurate submission of service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paper work as assigned.
- Economic use of replacement parts and managing the returns process. Responsible for managing stock and maintaining tools so they are compliant and in good order.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service related product improvements.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in Electronics or an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of field service experience with similar equipment, such as medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners).
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices, using highly sophisticated software, at clinical sites.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters and electrical safety testers.
- Good computer and software skills, such as working knowledge of MS Windows and Linux operating systems and control systems networking. Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
- Experienced in utilizing system log files to diagnose problems and analyze performance.
- Work safely in confined areas in the presence of: HVDC up to 100kV; 480V/3ϕ, 100kW AC power distribution; high-energy ionizing radiation; high pressure pneumatics; and heavy rotating machinery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism and resolution of issues.
- Able to lift 23kg/50lbs regularly throughout the work day.
- Able to climb ladders, kneel, or crouch as required during servicing of equipment.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively throughout the US.
- Willing and able to be available by cell phone 24/7 and to be on-call, travel and/or work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Must be based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.