RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Software Engineering Manager will be a functional and technical leader for a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery and medical imaging. This position will manage and oversee the development of application software, database system, device platforms, and the software infrastructure associated with all aspects of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. The successful candidate will be a strong technical leader and an excellent project manager, with a deep grounding in sound software development practices. The Manager will be expected to engage with cross functional teams to understand system requirements and to plan development and testing leading to effective integration of the overall system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Functional and technical leadership of the software applications and infrastructure development team
- Project management of product software development and testing
- Plan and execute early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Manage and prioritize the software development backlog
- Hire and grow team to meet organization's development and goals
- Ensure compliance to the RefleXion software development process and other regulatory requirements
- Manage the interface and integration with algorithms and embedded software development
- Manage and support design control deliverables for the product
- Manage and support development of system diagnostics tools and debugging frameworks
- MS / PhD in Computer Science or closely-related field, or commensurate industrial experience
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 10+ years of experience with design and development of commercial software systems
- Demonstrated experience leading other engineers by technical example
- Demonstrated history of products reaching the marketplace
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, from initial concept to commercial release
- Experience with application software, database systems and cloud platforms
- Experience with system integration of software on complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with designing software tools for engineering, manufacturing and service use
- Experience within the medical device industry
- Experience with remote connected devices and cybersecurity is desired, but not required
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products