RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Manager of Embedded Software will be a functional and technical leader for a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery and medical imaging. This position will manage and oversee the development of embedded system communication layers, safety systems, and embedded software associated with all aspects of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. The successful candidate will be a strong technical leader and an excellent project manager, with a deep grounding in sound software development practices. The Manager will be expected to engage with other software and electrical engineering teams to understand system requirements and to plan development and testing leading to effective integration of the overall system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Functional and technical leadership of the embedded software development team
- Project management of product software and algorithm development and testing
- Plan and execute early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Manage and prioritize the software development backlog
- Hire and grow team to meet organization's development and resourcing goals
- Ensure compliance to the RefleXion software development process and other regulatory requirements
- Manage and support design control deliverables for the product
- Manage and support development of system diagnostics tools and debugging frameworks
- MS / PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or closely-related field, or commensurate industrial experience
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 10+ years of experience with design and development of commercial software systems
- Demonstrated experience leading other engineers by technical example
- Demonstrated history of products reaching the marketplace
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, from initial concept to commercial release
- Experience with real-time operating systems, system software and device driver development
- Experience with debugging tools, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Experience with motion controls and/or image reconstruction is highly desirable
- Experience within the medical device industry is desired, but not required
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products