RefleXion Medical is on a mission to create a new cancer treatment modality through biological guidance. By leveraging positron emission tomography (PET) in a novel way, RefleXion’s patented technology causes tumors to continuously signal their location during treatment, potentially revolutionizing cancer care.
We’re passionately committed to making dramatic changes to cancer care, and we believe that small, lean teams of brilliant people are the only way to do that. We need teammates with both the foresight and experience to avoid roadblocks, and the drive and creativity to steer around those that inevitably appear. We seek those who will unabashedly and relentlessly help us create a new modality in cancer care.
If you are bold and inventive – we want you.
If you combine passion with experience – we want you.
If you embrace iteration and constant learning – we want you.
Come and join a company on an incredible and meaningful mission.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of talented software developers in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The Senior Software Engineer will lead the definition of key requirements, prototyping, designing and implementation for a suite of applications related to RefleXion’s biology-guided radiation therapy system. The RefleXion system utilizes real-time PET guidance to deliver precise radiation to multiple targets.
This position will play a key role in the development of applications and associated system framework for Treatment Delivery, QA and Machine Health on the RefleXion machine. This position will also work closely with subsystem design engineers to develop specialized tools to support system calibration and troubleshooting. This position requires strong web technology, information management, and software engineering skills. Experience with graphics and 3D visualization would be desirable. Prior experience within radiotherapy domain and a good understanding of medical device quality systems and design control will be a big plus. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Lead early stage research/prototyping work to establish feasibility and clinical value
- Design and implement RefleXion’s suite of applications, utilizing modern web development technologies
- Design and implement calibration tools and test tools
- Writing and reviewing engineering requirements for software and algorithms
- Perform software risk analysis and implement mitigations
- Drive architecture, design, and code reviews
- Developing and completing system software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
- 5+ years of developing commercial software products
- Expert in TypeScript and modern ECMAScript editions
- Expert in Angular 4 or later
- Expert knowledge of document driven NoSQL databases, e.g., MongoDB or CouchDB
- Strong background in core computer science concepts
- Deep understanding of robust software engineering processes including test-driven development, automated regression testing and continuous integration
- Prior work experience with C++ would be a plus
- Experience with graphics and 3D visualization would be a plus
- Radiotherapy domain knowledge and experience with medical device quality systems and design control would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products