Refinery29 is the leading digital-media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by providing optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. We deliver style and substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices and destinations, from original video and editorial features, to live experiences and social storytelling. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our UK, French, US, and Canadian editions.
About the team:
We’re a small team with not-so-small goals. We’re weird, we’re loving, we’re funny & we make an effort to be inclusive. We bring different perspectives and even more opinions to the table; if a topic is not yet relevant, we’ll make it relevant.
What makes you an R29er?
You have commitment and a passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for our audience to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead on site programming for our European markets
- Managing and guiding our ambitious editorial team of transcreators for all European markets. Providing brand guiderails, feedback and day to day management.
- Work with Audience team to optimise on site content programming, and transcreation selection based on audience growth opportunity
- Track local budget for design and freelance commissions, oversee invoice and contract distribution
- Responsible for commissioning local content which aligns to Refinery29’s global franchises
- Working closely with the SEO team to align to international strategy with local content, translation and updated content
- Proofreading, editing and signing off content
- Establish and continuously expand stylistic language guidelines & share them with the editorial and audience team regularly as they evolve
- Be a central point of contact for our P&E teams for European editorial content
What you must have to be successful here:
- Written and spoken fluency in German & English, preferably also French
- Driven & well-organized approach in order to keep an overview
- Passion for words & sensitivity for choosing the right ones
- The ability to recognize trends & nuances in audience and consumption behaviour
- Interest for and knowledge of all things pop culture and lifestyle & the ability to translate current phenomena into each language/market/culture
- Feel comfortable & confident working with a fast-paced team in an open office space
- No reservations to immerse yourself in topics that you’re not familiar with or issues that other mainstream media companies don’t dare talking about
- Aim to push boundaries through contemporary storytelling in an ever-changing environment