Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the Team:
Our Integrated Marketing team is responsible for generating partnerships with our biggest and most strategic advertising partners. With the goal of functioning as the growth engine of our revenue, they also lend their marketing strategy expertise before the RFP by building critical client relationships, in partnership with Sales, with compelling category marketing insights for prospective clients.
This team will weave audience and consumer insights into compelling marketing platforms and custom content programs and will always have the answer for “Why Work With R29?”
They will partner with our Commercial Creative Group to lead Tier 3 & Tier 4 RFPs ($250K+) to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients and more importantly, will support our mission to empower women. In addition, this team will collaborate with the R29Intelligence Team to craft new proactive sales materials that promote Refinery29 and its offerings with refreshed insights and formats
What you'll do:
- Leads the creation of complex, custom strategic program packages for Fashion based accounts.
- Assumes leadership role on the Marketing Strategy pod, providing direct reports with
help and guidance and partnering with Sales on high-level thinking and solutions
- Works across departments in the development of proposals – departments include but
are not limited to editorial, video, product, creative, production, sales, etc.
- Helps with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the post-sale Client Services team,
ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Acts as Marketing Solutions team delegate to another cross-functional team, such as:
the channel expert (FB, Snapchat, YT, etc.) or an expert on specific capabilities
(R29Intelligence / research, video, or media). As a delegate you will think proactively on
how the Marketing team improves the workflow and capabilities of these teams to
maximize revenue impact and overall operational harmony
- Develops mastery of “storytelling” of a deal by cultivating R29’s unique value to the
- Contributes to how we train and mentor team members by adding to their development
and skill training
- Assist in crafting new sales materials that effectively promote Refinery29 and any new
offerings with refreshed insights, category language, and strategic packaging details
- Anticipates trends in marketplace feedback and generates and implements new ideas on
- Reports into and works directly with Group Marketing Strategy Director in building new
products by category that can improve R29’s win rate, tracking win/loss reasons based
on client feedback, and developing categorical “what good looks like” leanings for future
deliverables and opportunities
What you have:
- Must have digital media, integrated marketing, account management, media planning, or relevant agency or publisher experience
- Experience building out creative ideas/platforms and pricing based on Client briefs and KPI's
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build consensus among various departments to align on new solutions and problem-solve in real-time
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft, Google, and Apple iWorks suites including Google slides, Keynote, Excel, etc.
To be successful here you:
- Are a trusted teammate - your employees, peers, and co-workers value your ideas and contributions
Exhibit a willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing and are leaning in to attend trainings and work with Account Directors to develop your skills
- Are purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Are a self-starter - You have a vision and can get it done. You will not be micro-managed here. We’ll expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results
- Are open, collaborative, and curious - this is an ever-changing company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things