Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibilities and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the Team:
Our Media Solutions group is responsible for leading pre-sale by crafting robust and large scale media plans, brainstorming marketing strategies, developing strong client relationships, and creating programs for key clients. This typically begins at the receipt of the RFP but can also include proactive outreach to new and preferred clients. Media Solutions works closely with Sales, and our in-house product marketing teams to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients and more importantly, will support our mission to empower Millennial Women.
What you'll do:
- Master of the distribution opportunities on R29 and knows the most effective formats to achieve KPIs
- Builds a distribution plan that reflects our creative platform while delivering against objectives
- Direct line into ad ops to understand inventory, platform capabilities and new product development
- Looking at ad ops reports to provide recommendations on optimization
- Working with ad ops to identify new product opportunities for development based on competitive intel
- Experts in consumer habits around new media, connects with social teams to share knowledge with wider team
- Works with ad ops to identify what assets are needed from client and tracks with account management that all material is being collected and distributed correctly
- Reviews all post reports from ad ops and delivers final to account management
- Provides quarterly performance insights based on in market performance to sales.
What you have:
- Must have digital media, integrated marketing, account management, media planning, or relevant agency or publisher experience
- Experience building out creative ideas/platforms and pricing based on Client briefs and KPI's
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build consensus among various departments to align on new solutions and problem-solve in real-time
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft, Google, and Apple iWorks suites including Google slides, Keynote, Excel, etc.
To be successful here, you are already:
- A trusted teammate - your employees, peers, and co-workers value your ideas and contributions.
- Willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing and are leaning in to attend trainings and work with Account Directors to develop your skills.
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Self-starter - You have a vision for what needs to be done and you go about doing it and getting it done. You will not be micromanaged here. We’ll expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results.
- Open, collaborative and curious - this is an ever-changing company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.