Refinery29 is the leading digital media and entertainment company focused on millennial-minded women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission—from the very beginning—is to be a catalyst for women to see, feel, and claim their power, by providing diverse and ambitious storytelling as well as radically relevant points of view. We deliver style and substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices and destinations, from the original video and editorial features, to live experiences and social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles and programs to service and slideshows. We're composed of six categories — Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Work & Money, Fashion, and Beauty — and we help shape and guide how Refinery29 and its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the Job:
This role will make sure Refinery29’s television and movie coverage is sharp and incisive, helping the entertainment team work with the content strategy team to deliver top quality content — including trending pieces and longer-form search stories around TV and movie trends.
What you’ll do:
- Write 4-6 trending stories a day with a focus on tv, movies, and pop-culture
- Work cross-functionally with the entertainment team and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Attend industry events, panels, and screenings and stay on top of emerging news and trends
- Creatively translate entertainment themes into cultural phenomena and important, well-crafted cultural commentary
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes a high volume of work to effectively and meet deadlines
- On the pulse of industry events, media, TV shows and movies are coming out months ahead of time — and always have story ideas for them at the ready
- Proofreads and self-edits to deliver work that is accurate and achieves the highest standards of creative excellence and technical quality
What you have:
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgment and discretion
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.