Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca, https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb and https://www.refinery29.com/de-de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
Refinery29’s Branded Content Photography Department is comprised of photo editors and photo producers. Together the team executes original photography for branded partners (clients) that feels native to the Refinery29 audience. This role will be presenting and executing creative under the guidance of senior leadership to external clients.
What Makes a R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Be the key stake-holder on creative for the projects in which you are assigned
- Liaise with internal Client Services, Casting and Editorial teams in service of excellent story-telling and client satisfaction
- Concepting and presenting creative treatment decks for a variety of brand partners’ needs
- Supporting the larger team from start to finish with photo shoot production; sourcing locations, production support, equipment rentals, call sheets
- Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, photographers, hair, makeup, and stylists
- Budget tracking and reconciliation
- Maintaining photo deadlines
- On set art direction for branded content photo shoots
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- Experience in photo shoot ideation and production (Branded Content and Art Buying agency preferred)
- Comfort in managing a set and have an innate calm, mature and tactful manner.
- Familiar with production processes, production vendors, and creative teams working in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries.
- Quick thinking and resourceful; with the capability to prioritize and be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times.
- Confident presenting and brainstorming creative ideas to senior leaders and in a client-facing setting.
- Strong creative sensibility with keen eye, knowledge and interest in fashion, photography and advertising (with a desire to constantly evolve and elevate). Proactively seek out emerging talent.
- Strong research skills and eye on industry trends
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and be able to do basic retouching, image sizing, color correcting and layouts.
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Excellent communication skills and extremely organized
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
- Thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while maintaining a proactive attitude
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Highly creative and acutely dialed into industry and social media trends
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.