Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Experiential Senior Creative to develop innovative experiential concepts, and support day-to-day relations with clients and collaborators. In this role, you will be part of the dynamic, award-winning team responsible for developing all creative components of our rapidly expanding 29Rooms franchise. You are an agile creative thinker and adept presenter who will be tasked with concepting strategic, original ideas for 29Rooms, R29 experiential and the brands, talent, and artists we work with to bring our events to life.
The role requires a fluency in contemporary culture, brand strategy, storytelling, experiential marketing, and live events. You will be expected to develop ideas that may range from interactive installations to theatrical programming to social media campaigns and to propose talent, artists, and performers to make those ideas shine.
Community, culture and cause are what we do at 29Rooms so a passion for all three is key.
This role will report to the Experiential CD, while also working closely with the Experiential ACD.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you’ll do:
- Independently digest client briefs and translate them into proposal decks, owning the proposal structure, consumer journey and copy
- Support the Experiential CDs and ACD in research, collaborator outreach, copy support, marketing and departmental administration
- Present and pitch creative strategy work to clients and internal stakeholders in collaboration with Producers and Environmental Designers
- Provide creative and copywriting support to 29Rooms Marketing and Social Teams
- Support client and creative partner relationships, needs and expectations on experiential related projects
- Participate in creative brainstorms with the 29Rooms Team
- Work in close collaboration with Experiential Production and Design teams
- Ensure R29 and 29Rooms brand values are protected and highlighted throughout all our experiential initiatives
- Work with the sales team to respond to RFPs for brands interested in R29 experiential programs and 29Rooms
- Help with outreach and curation of 29Rooms creative collaborators including emerging artists, collectives, performers, technologists and designers.
What you have:
- Agency and/or digital media experience/knowledge of how to navigate a media-led organization
- Excellent deck creation, presentation and copywriting skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. Ready to take initiative and work independently while also providing creative and research support to senior team members.
- Proven track record of supporting successful experiential projects that drove results and created a positive attendee experience
- Capable of taking client briefs and translating them into a compelling and unique creative proposals
- Ability to translate cultural and consumer insights into relevant and successful experiential projects
- A keen understanding of the GenZ and millennial audience, social media and contemporary culture.
- A passion for Refinery29’s guiding principles of Imagination, Inclusivity, Impact and Individuality and 29Rooms brand and values